This post will continually be updated. The rain has finally stopped here in Texas and we are just now being able to assess the magnitude of damage and destruction Hurricane Harvey caused. In the first few days after the storm, we were able to help my local handyman Brian whose house was flooded. This was an amazing pool of resources by Fierce Clarity friends + fam but Brian is not alone and there is so much more we can do! While aid is needed now, stand by to help in the coming weeks as more help will be necessary. Much love to everyone shining your light and lifting others up at this time. We’re all in this together. 🙌🏾✨ Below find ideas about how to offer immediate support:
1. Reach out to your network and find those who are personally affected. Give support as you can (Check out Brian’s story of Fierce Clarity FB!)
2. Donate to money to Harvey Relief funds including Greater Houston Community Foundation, Samaritan’s Purse, and United Way of Greater Houston.
3. Give blood through American Red Cross or other organization accepting donations.
4. Give food/financial support to local food banks including Houston Food Bank, Galveston Food Bank, Corpus Christi Food Bank, etc
5. Help animals via SPCA of Texas (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Texas).
6. Dedicate your yoga, meditation, devotional, or other spiritual practice to those affected by Hurricane Harvey.