I’ve got the power! Whole30 Week 3 started off slowly but ended on a high note. This week opened my eyes to of all the Whole30 positives unlike last week where I spent so much time resisting all the rules
- I’ve noticed considerably less bloating.
- My mood is fairly stable. I don’t get hangry because I’m eating at the same times of day.
- I have more energy in the mornings. I have no trouble waking up between 6-6:30 am now and this was impossible for me at the beginning.
- I feel good. I feel strong and powerful in my yoga classes. I feel attentive and clear during my meditations. I feel like I’m in the flow.
Prior to Whole30, I didn’t realize how much I was using sugar and snacks to substitute for real meals. Whole30 Week 3 has helped me greatly reduce my snacking and also figure out what foods fill me up.
Grocery: This week I was like a machine. I grabbed my core items of greens, potatoes, limes, grapefruit, avocado, nuts and my indulgences of Kombucha and LaCroix.
Meals: This week I continued to introduce Eggs and Salmon into my diet as needed.
- Breakfast: Avocado AND grapefruit or scrambled eggs + avocado. I like eating Avo for breakfast as the fat is a good primer before drinking caffeine. I don’t typically drink coffee in the mornings but I like using healthy fats to control my blood sugar in case I decide to.
- Lunch: Same salad as Week 1 or similar. I did cut back on the Bragg’s but I still used it lolz.
- Dinner: Same salad as lunch or roasted sweet potatoes + cauliflower (similar preparation here). I also introduced roasted potatoes with salt + turmeric + lime to the menu this week. For hungrier nights I ordered a Superfood Salad with salmon.
- Snacks: Lemon LaCroix, Kombucha, Tea, Nuts, Grapefruit, or Avocado
Energy Levels: I feel great! More than enough energy for working in the mornings and yoga in the evenings.
Other: I’m feeling better and better about preparing my own meals. While I still don’t LOVE cooking, I do love enjoying my own flavors.
Whole30 Week 3 has given me the boost I needed to finish Whole30 strong. One more week to go!
Week 4 Goals
- Make at least 2 Whole30 Recipe Meals
- Try to cook with one new vegetable
- Figure out where the first post Whole30 meal will be